Sunday, August 1, 2010

An Elegy

The mourning sigh of the desert's elegy
Whispered untold stories and blasphemy.
Through the eldritch keen, I hear
A lost and forgotten wail of fear.

Beyond the sandy veil and over yonder dune,
I see the setting sun and its dusky gloom,
Forever resting before my doom.

As the twilight fades from my sight,
I feel the squirm of eldritch fright.
I often ask where I be and where I am,
Though the answer is clear for I am damned.

This is the hell I tread,
Where forever I dread
The perpetual fear that it spreads.

The maddening keen of desert sand
Calls to me to join its melodic band.
I refuse to partake in its melancholy,
Though my heart shrivels at my folly.

There he sits, atop that mound,
Weighing scales with naught a pound,
Upon his throne, forever bound.

Sands' maelstrom eternal sway,
I dare not utter a word to say.
As I look upon the judging king,
I forever see the eternal thing.

Forever he sings,
The eldritch king,
The Sands of Time's perpetual ring.

No comments:

Post a Comment